Assistant/Associate Professor Positions in Computer Graphics and Visualization
The Assistant/Associate Professor will carry out research in one of the following areas:
- Geometry processing, modelling, geometric analysis, or computational geometry
- Massive data analysis, and data-based algorithms
- Virtual reality, augmented reality, or 3D interaction
- Medical visualization, data visualization, scientific visualization
- Vision, computational photography, or image manipulation.
The Assistant/Associate Professor will supervise PhD students, interns, Bachelor’s and Master’s students, and will teach at the BSc and MSc level. The appointee will be responsible for management tasks, acquisition of research projects, and valorisation. The Assistant/Associate Professor will become part of the Computer Graphics and Visualization section, currently comprising three full-time faculty members, two post-docs, and seven PhD students. The section takes part in the INSYGHT Lab and investigates new interaction and visualization metaphors. Requirements The candidate we seek is an internationally well-positioned, excellent researcher. The candidate holds a PhD degree in a relevant discipline (computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering). Besides demonstrating excellence in research the candidate should
- be an enthusiastic team player. Experience in initiating and participating in (international) research programmes and in collaborative projects with scientific and industrial partners is a strong advantage.
- have a proven record of attracting substantial research funding.
- preferably have experience with different application domains and a keen eye for technical and scientific solutions.
- have an excellent command of the English language.
== Conditions of employment == TU Delft offers an attractive benefits package, including a flexible work week, free high-speed Internet access from home (with a contract of two years or longer), and the option of assembling a customised compensation and benefits package (the 'IKA'). Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof. Elmar Eisemann, phone: +31 (0)15-2782528, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.To apply, please e-mail a detailed CV, three publications, three referencies, and a research statement along with a letter of application by 31 January 2013 to Ms. W. M. Dicke, Hremail@example.com. When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number EWI2012-37.
Contract type: Temporary, Permanent or tenure track (depending on the experience of the candidate)
PhDs and Postdocs in the areas of Computer Graphics and Visualization
We are looking for motivated PhDs and Postdocs in the areas of Computer Graphics and Visualization. Precisely, we are interested in candidates from the areas of rendering, alternative representations, and visualization
Please contact Prof. Dr. Elmar Eisemann.